Oracle’s StorageTek tape drives is a device that provides the highest performance and lowest total cost of ownership of any tiered storage, archive, or to build online backup solutions.
See current StorageTek SL3000 Modular Library System.
It requires one-third to one-fifth the floor space of competing solutions. The tape drive has a 5 TB native capacity — more than three times the capacity of any other tape drive—and 240 MB/sec native throughput, which is 50 to 70 percent fasterthan any other drive. Compared to disk-only solutions, Oracle’s StorageTek solution for online backup scales to 30 times the capacity and 50 times the performance while requiring 99 percent less power and cooling (as of 2014 research).
Online backup features
- Non-disruptive scalability from 200 to just under 6,000 cartridge slots
- Most flexible solution for partitioning, sharing, and managing data
- Supports mixed environments, including mainframe and open systems
- High availability options to support 24×7 operations
- Up to 128 PB capacity (at 2.5:1 compression)
- Fully redundant and hot-swappable components
The StorageTek solution includes inline encryption and policy-based data management across FC and SAS disks, fast access tape, and high-capacity tape tiers. It works with leading third-party operating systems, open systems storage management products, and mainframe storage management software. It “sets the new standard in tape by storing more than three times more data on a single cartridge than any other tape drive. Combining it with the StorageTek SL3000 and SL8500 modular library systems helps ensure that customers, regardless of size, can afford to retain critical data or online backup data without concern for future scalability.